Frontline by Speakap is a community for progressive HR leaders to share (and learn) ideas and strategies for creating a thriving workplace, to therefore help all employees reach their full potential.
This is the fourth episode of our podcast series, which will feature a range of experts and industry leaders to discuss topics related to their individual expertise.
In this podcast we chat about how to practice empathy in the workplace and why it’s so important to feel emotional safety.
About Yves Groen
Yves is the co-founder of Loodens, a foundation dedicated to helping people and organizations restore and strengthen relationships by practicing empathic conversations. After thirteen years of leadership positions in organizations with a social purpose, he enjoys learning from the things that didn’t work in the past.
“Any conversation can be seen as comparing notes; you have a perspective, I have a perspective. With that intention, given you have received enough empathy… you can start rebuilding the trust”
Connect with Yves
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
In this episode we chat about;
- Where to start if you feel you need help in the conversational and relationship areas of your life
- Research and “me” search
- How to be comfortable with the uncomfortable, and how to pinpoint what you’re actually trying to communicate
- How letting go of perceptions will help you to build a better connection with people you might have tension with
- The importance of emotional safety and ensuring your needs are met
- Structural power differences and roles within organizations, and how “sense of equality” impacts relationships
- What kind of issues within the workplace can be solved by practicing empathy
- Building a culture of gratitude
- The one life we’re given by Mark Nepo
- Holding nothing back by Mark Nepo
- Google research on emotional safety being the factor that contributes most to the success of a team: What makes a team effective?
- The Empathy Factor by Marie Miyashiro
Upcoming episodes on Frontline by Speakap…
- How to build a service culture
Thanks for listening!
Written by Louise Blair
G'Day mate! All the way from "down under" Louise has joined Speakap to help businesses to build better relationships with their workforce. When she's not busy producing the Frontline podcast, you might catch her running... while listening to a podcast. (Disclaimer: she has never actually said "G'day Mate" in her entire life)