Frontline by Speakap is a community for progressive HR leaders to share (and learn) ideas and strategies for creating a thriving workplace, to therefore help all employees reach their full potential.
This is the ninth episode of our podcast series, which features a wide range of experts and industry leaders to discuss topics related to their individual expertise.
In this podcast we chat about the evolution of Human Resources function within corporations, why people might have a negative perception of their HR departments, data-driven HR and simple strategies to help your business thrive.
“HR is like the CIA. You only hear about them when they mess up. Good HR does all the things behind the scenes, but nobody sees it.”
Suzanne Lucas is a freelance writer, speaker and workshop host who spent 10 years in corporate human resources, where she hired, fired, managed the numbers, and double-checked with the lawyers.
Suzanne now helps people "demystify" their Human Resources department through her highly popular blog, Evil HR Lady, where she gives career advice and HR explanations.
Connect with Suzanne
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/suzannemlucas/
- Email: email@example.com
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/RealEvilHRLady
Episode 9 - Is HR Really That Evil?
In this episode we chat about;
- How Susanne became the “Evil HR lady” and grew her Twitter following to over 250,000 followers - organically!
- Why the positive impact of Human Resources is often overlooked by the majority of people.
- Data-driven HR and why mathematics is now an essential part of Human Resources.
- The role of AI in Human Resources.
- The importance of shadowing senior people for your career development.
- Why listening to entry level employees can help your business thrive.
- Why every employee should take at least five consecutive days of holiday per year.
- Suzanne’s blog: http://www.evilhrlady.org/
- “Ask a manager” blog, by Alison Green: https://www.askamanager.org/about
Thanks for listening!
Written by Louise Blair
All the way from "down under" Louise has joined Speakap to help businesses to build better relationships with their workforce. When she's not busy producing the Frontline podcast, you might catch her running... while listening to a podcast.