Stay in the know
Be the first one to learn about the latest features we have been working on.
It’s been a whole 12 months since Speakap touched down in the United Kingdom. With half a decade and 300 clients to show for our success in the Netherlands, we opened our London office last May. It seemed like a good time to reflect on all that’s happened over the past year.
Signed On The Dotted Line
Thanks to having a tried-and-tested internal communication and HR solution that already had an army of fans in the Netherlands, we were able to hit the ground running in the UK. Or hit the ground driving, more accurately.
According to our entirely unscientific measurement system, over the course of the past 12 months, we’ve racked up:
- 21,000 miles of driving
- 8,000 miles of train travel
- 6 red-eye flights to Dublin
- 43 cheese and tomato baguettes from motorway service stations
- 7 cheeky Ginsters pasties
- 84 much-needed early morning coffees
All that travel up, down and around the country to visit potential customers who want demonstrations of what Speakap can offer their organisation has been entirely worthwhile though. We’ve met and signed some incredible clients, including Domino’s, Real Life Options, Morley’s department store and London’s top catering firm, Vacherin.
Attending and Presenting
Part of getting a new company—or an existing company in a new market—off the ground is about attending events and speaking to people who live and breathe the industry just as much as we do.
Personally speaking, attending industry events has been a real highlight of the year as I’ve learned so much from hearing industry giants like Josh Bersin or Jim Lawless speak, and meeting members of communities, such as Retail Week’s Be Inspired group.
We’ve also presented at or attended the Richmond Events HR Summit, Human Resources Summit, Smile London, HRD Summit UK and Inspired HR. Some of our existing customers have been incredibly generous with their time and support of Speakap. For example, check out Rituals UK Managing Director, Penny Grivea, live on stage with us at Smile London last year, and this great article featuring fashion giant G-Star RAW.
Make sure you keep an eye out for Speakap at upcoming events and be sure to come by and say “hi”.
Content is King
During the past 12 months, we put out a whole range of fantastic content and it’s been fascinating to see how particular pieces resonate more in one country than in another. With that in mind, let’s take a look at the most popular content with our UK readers and website visitors over the past year.
Top three downloadable documents:
- Enterprise Social Network Comparison Guide
- Infographic: The Highly Engaged Employee
- Research Study: Bridging The Internal Comms Gap
Top three blog posts:
- [VIDEO] How Hudson's Bay Achieves Customer & Employee Experience Success
- Calculating the ROI of an Enterprise Social Network
- [VIDEO] How to Offer Exceptional Retail Experiences to Both Customers & Employees
Top three social posts:
- Speakap named in the Deloitte Fast50 for the fastest growing tech companies!
- Speakap recognized by G2 Crowd as a High Performer in the Winter 2019 grid
- The series of posts celebrating the women of Speakap (and women of tech in general) as part of our International Women’s Day campaign
We’re looking forward to the next 12 months and watching Speakap continue to grow in the UK and Ireland. Whether you’re an existing customer, a potential client, someone we’ve enjoyed speaking to at an event or a regular visitor to the Speakap website in search of the latest information and resources on company culture in a non-desk workforce, thank you so much for being part of the journey so far. Onwards and upwards.